Nothing says medical school like students and formaldehyde drenched cadavers! Each article below contains a relevant discussion of the anatomy and a brief overview of its relevance in disease. If there is a something you'd like us to write about shoot us an email.
Topics are arranged alphabetically
- Anterior choroidal artery - This artery serves some important brain... Learn about its anatomy and some of the common diseases associated with it.
- Basal ganglia, direct pathway - The direct basal ganglia pathway is one complicated piece of neural machinery. Learn about how it positively modulates movements here.
- Basal ganglia, indirect pathway - The indirect pathway of the basal ganglia serves as a negative modulator of movement. Learn how it differs from is direct counterpart.
- Brainstem, the pons - The pons is one of the three divisions of the brainstem. It contains neurons that perform some pretty darn important functions. Learn about it here.
- Circuitry of the cerebellum - The cerebellum and its connections are one complicated mother! Learn about this mysterious and fascinating part of the brain.
- Internal capsule - This article discusses a pricey piece of real estate in the brain known as the internal capsule. Learn what axons use this area as a relay station and what happens when it is damaged.
- Innervation of lower extremity muscles - This page discusses the complex innervation of the lower extremity musculature with an easy to follow table!
- Median nerve - A little carpal tunnel syndrome? How about the anterior interosseous nerve? Learn about the median nerve and its branches and what happens when things go haywire!
- Os odontoideum - Is part of your spine missing? Well it is if you have os odontoideum! Learn what this term means, what symptoms it can cause, and what can be done to fix it.
- The pons - The pons is one of the three divisions of the brainstem. It contains neurons that perform some pretty darn important functions. Learn about it here.
- Peroneal nerve - This nerve can get dinged as it travels over the fibular head. Learn what muscles it controls and what happens when the nerve is affected.
- Radial nerve - Drank a little too much Saturday night and your wrist don't work right? Figure out why here!
- Rexed laminae - Let the pain begin... Learn about the Rexed laminae divisions of the spinal cord.
- Sciatic nerve - The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the body. Learn what muscles it controls and what happens when it gets pinched.