Vomiting, pooping blood and mucous, acid reflux, liver or pancreas dysfunction, and cancer of the GI tract are never things people sign up for. Learn about some of these "stinky" problems in the articles below. If there is a something you'd like us to write about shoot us an email.
Topics are arranged alphabetically
- Appendicitis - The appendix doesn't do squat for us, but can cause all kinds of problems. Learn about what causes appendicitis, how it presents, and how it is treated.
- Barrett's esophagus - Barrett's esophagus is intestinal metaplasia of the esophageal lining. Ok fancy pants what in the world does that mean? Learn what the heck intestinal metaplasia is, and why Barrett's esophagus is an important clinical entity to monitor closely.
- Cholelithiasis (gallstones) - Gallstones are extremely common! Learn who they tend to form in, what the complications are, and how to treat them.
- Crohn's disease - Crohn's disease is one of the inflammatory bowel diseases. Learn about its etiology, clinical manifestations, diagnosis, and what treatments are available.
- Ogilvie syndrome - Acute colonic pseudo-obstruction, aka Ogilvie syndrome causes one big colon. Learn about this not-so-uncommon condition.
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma - Pancreatic adenocarcinoma is an uncommon, but devastating cancer. Learn where it comes from, the symptoms associated with it, how it is diagnosed, and what the treatment options are.
- Pyogenic liver abscess - Liver abscesses are some of the most common intra-abdominal infections. Learn about them here.